Eeyore’s 55th Annual Birthday Party
Saturday, April 28, 2018
11:00 a.m. to dusk
Pease District Park
Austin Texas, USA
Check this page for rain delay and cancellation information. If the event is cancelled because of rain, our reschedule date is Saturday, May 5, 2018.
Children’s Area 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Music Stage 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We are happy to announce Eeyore’s 2018 Birthday celebration will feature live performances by the following bands:
Barton Hills Choir
World Gone Mad
Eeyores Birthday Party is a fund-raiser to benefit non-profit groups in Austin. There will be a variety of vendors at the event to support your celebration needs. Items available include hot and cold food (including vegetarian), soft drinks, juices, spring water, and Texas beer. Be sure to pick up a commemorative Eeyore’s Birthday Party t-shirt. Here are a few tips for the event:
- Please wear your favorite costume. There will be costume contests and other games with prizes for children of all ages.
- Be prepared to become the avatar you also wanted to be. Artists will offer face painting, henna, temporary tattoos and more to help you get into character.
- Bring your favorite instrument. Musicians are encourage to play (non-amplified) instruments. There will be more than a few drum circles.
- Help us with the Maypole. There will be Maypoles throughout the day for the young and young at heart.
- Be prepared to meet Eeyore and wish him a Happy Birthday in his play pin.
Vehicle access to the park will be restricted for the event. Do yourself a favor and use your favorite ride share service, take the bus, ride a bike, or walk! Please feel free to use the shuttle service that we provide for the event.
The event shuttle service stops at 16th and Colorado. If you plan to use our shuttle service, please do not park in any surface lots. Use any of the garages shown in the map above for parking. Our shuttle bus service runs all day starting at 8:30am and we provide service to and from the event. Accessible parking is also available in the garages shown above. In addition to our shuttle service, we have special needs bus service the day of the event.
The Shoal Creek Hike and Bike Trail is a wonderful way to get to and from the event. Keep in mind bottles, cans, coolers, and tents will not be allowed in the park. Smoking is not allowed in all Austin city parks and you are required to keep all dogs leashed while in the park. Remember to bring an ID if you plan to purchase alcoholic beverages.