Eeyore’s 55th Annual Birthday Party
Saturday, April 28, 2018
11:00 a.m. until dusk.
Children’s Area from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
(Rain delay date is Saturday May 5, 2018)
Austin Texas, USA
LIVE MUSIC from 12 noon to 6 p.m.
To Be Announced
Happy Birthday Eeyore!!!
Check this page for rain delay notifications. If the event is cancelled because of rain, our reschedule date is Saturday, May 5, 2018.
Eeyores Birthday Party is a fund-raiser to benefit non-profit groups in Austin. There will be a variety of vendors at the event to support your celebration needs. Items available include hot and cold food (including vegetarian), soft drinks, juices, spring water, and Texas beer. Be sure to pick up a commemorative Eeyore’s Birthday Party t-shirt. Here are a few tips for the event:
- Please wear your favorite costume. There will be costume contests and other games with prizes for children of all ages.
- Be prepared to become the avatar you also wanted to be. Artists will offer face painting, henna, temporary tattoos and more to help you get into character.
- Bring your favorite instrument. Musicians are encourage to play (non-amplified) instruments. There will be more than a few drum circles.
- Help us with the Maypole. There will be Maypoles throughout the day for the young and young at heart.
- Be prepared to meet Eeyore and wish him a Happy Birthday in his play pin.
Vehicle access to the park will be restricted for the event. Do yourself a favor and use your favorite ride share service, take the bus, ride a bike, or walk!
The map for FREE shuttle bus pickup will be posted here in advance of the celebration. The shuttle stop is at 16th and Colorado. Please do not park in any surface lots. Our shuttle busses will pick you up and return you all day long beginning at 8:30 am!!! Handicapped parking is also available at the same location. We have special needs busses in our fleet chartered for our shuttle service. The Capital Metro bus 338 (Lamar/45th route) runs on Lamar and stops at Martin Luther King. It runs until 11:00pm. The Shoal Creek Hike and Bike Trail is a wonderful way to get to and from the event. Keep in mind bottles, cans, coolers, and tents will not be allowed in the park. You are required to keep all dogs leashed and remember to bring an ID if you plan to purchase alcoholic beverages.